Colorado State Archives does NOT have most divorce records for people who are alive and need their own divorce records to file for Social Security, claim child support, or prove their divorce in order to be re-married.
This list of Divorce Records you can get at the State Archives outlines the counties and years we have divorce records. If the county and time frame of your divorce are not included on this list, then State Archives does not have your record.
- If the divorce happened in the county and during the time period detailed on this list, then you can request the record from the State Archives. You will need to provide the case number for most requests. If you don't have a case number, try using the Archives Search. If you are still unable to find a case number, contact the District Court in which the divorce was filed.
- If the county and time period for the divorce you are looking for is not on this list, the record is still held by the District Court. Contact the District Court in which the divorce was filed for you record. Most people who are looking for divorce records that concern themselves will need to contact the courts for their records.
The following divorce cases are searchable using our Archives Search database:
- 1904-1913 Adams County
- 1907-1921 Bent County
- 1904-1918 Boulder County, County Court
- 1904-1912 Boulder County, District Court
- 1899-1915 Conejos County
- 1903-1941 El Paso County
- 1906-1916 Garfield County
- 1957-1974 Park County
- 1931-1964 Pitkin County